From: Sebastian Rodriguez [srodrig...@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 May 2010 11:42
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to post message to a certain queue consumer?

Hi alan,
For the Selectors in C#, you can find the following snippet:
<--- start producer side code -->
        /// <summary>
        /// True if the publisher has a selector. False otherwise
        /// </summary>
        /// <value>
        /// <c>true</c> if this instance is selector; otherwise,
<c>false</c>.
        /// </value>
        public bool IsSelector
        {
            get { return m_isSelector; }
            set { m_isSelector = value; }
        }
        private bool m_isSelector = false;

        /// <summary>
        /// Value of the Publisher's selector.
        /// </summary>
        /// <value>The selector.</value>
        public string Selector
        {
            get { return m_selector; }
            set { m_selector = value; }
        }
        private string m_selector = "default";

#region ITopicPublisher Implementation
        /// <summary>
        /// Fires the notification.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="body">The body.</param>
        public void FireNotification(object body)
        {
            if (!m_isDisposed)
            {
                try
                {
                    IObjectMessage objMessage = null;
                    objMessage = m_producer.CreateObjectMessage(body);
                    m_producer.DeliveryMode = MsgDeliveryMode.Persistent;
                    objMessage.NMSPriority = m_messagePriority;
                    objMessage.NMSTimeToLive = m_timeToLive;

                    if (IsSelector)
                    {
                        objMessage.Properties.SetString("eventName",
Selector);
                    }

                    m_producer.Send(objMessage);
                }
                catch (Exception ex)
                {
                    Logger.Exception(ex);
                }
            }
            else
            {
                ObjectDisposedException ex = new ObjectDisposedException(
                    this.GetType().FullName);

                Logger.Exception(ex);
                throw ex;
            }
        }
        #endregion
<--- end producer side code -->

<--- start consumer side code -->
        /// <summary>
        /// <see cref="ITopicConnection"/>
        /// </summary>
        public ITopicSubscriber CreateTopicSubscriber(string selector)
        {
            // default selector (condition always true)
            string finalSelector = "2 > 1";

            try
            {
                if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(selector))
                {
                    finalSelector = string.Format("eventName = '{0}'",
selector);
                }

                IMessageConsumer consumer =
m_session.CreateConsumer(m_topic, finalSelector, false);
                return new ActiveMQSubscriber(consumer);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Logger.Exception(ex);
                throw;
            }
        }

<--- end consumer side code -->

This is just a snippet that is not really intended to work but express the
main idea:
to use the selector you need to set it in the producer side (via the
Message.Properties.SetString), then when you create a consumer, you need to
specify if it has a selector or not (via the CreateConsumer)

I found the tutorials in these page quite useful while learning the basics
of ActiveMQ with C# (via the Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ):
http://remark.wordpress.com/articles/publish-subscribe-with-activemq-and-nms/
The author of this blog have a bunch of ActiveMQ related blog entries that
are worth reading.
Hope this helps you,
Seb

On 19 May 2010 16:22, Cristian Botiza <cristian.bot...@endava.com> wrote:

> Session session = ...;
> MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(destination);
>
> producer.setTimeToLive(timeToLiveInMilliseconds); //use the producer API to
> set TTL
>
> Message message = session.create...Message(...);
>
> producer.send(message);
>
> TTL has nothing to do with message selectors; I found it useful though.

Sebastien Rodriguez