Hello,

I wonder if anyone on this ML has used ActiveMQ in an environment where
the software must failover to a disaster recovery (DR) site. It's quite a
different thing from failing over because the primary machine has died.

I realise that AMQ does provide failover but it looks to me like it is
designed to work soley within a site, to gaurd against machine failure.
This is very good and for many envs this is probably all that is needed.
However, some High Availability (HA) envs have to cope with the data
centre being knocked out. When that happens all the machines in that
building become unavailable and the organisation is forced to switch to
machines at their DR site. DR sites are usually connected to the primary
site via a WAN. Unlike the network used at the primary, the WAN will be
operating over far greater distances and will thus have much higher
latency. Connections may also be unreliable, e.g dropped from time to
time. Ha anyone any experience of developing HA systems in such an
environment? Whilst using AMQ?

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is prohibited.

Please refer to
http://www.bnpparibas.co.uk/en/information/legal_information.asp?Code=ECAS-845C5H
  for additional disclosures.