On 10/26/2010 4:24 AM, Gary Tully wrote:
That looks like a bug in the peer transport factory. I uses
localhost:0 as the tcp transport url, but localhost maps to the
loopback address since 5.3[1] so the connection is refused.
The peer transport factory should use the wildcard address, 0.0.0.0

For me, the problem has been a little more complicated than this. Switching PeerTransportFactory to using 0.0.0.0 sends my message, but sends my non-DNS computer name as the target host, so the alive message is:

    %localhost%Michael-Dell:49225

If I comment out that section of TcpTransportServer, I can get 0.0.0.0 instead of Michael-Dell, but that's not much more helpful.

If I commit to a network interface, I can get the discovery message to be useful, but I'm not aware of a "right" way to pick the network interface when several are available.

Is there a reason why the MulticastDiscoveryAgent doesn't consider the source IP of a discovery message?

michael

Can you raise a jira issue for this? It is an easy fix, so we can get
it quickly into a new snapshot.

As a work around, you would need to use an xml configuration file for
each broker and the xbean
url scheme: http://activemq.apache.org/broker-xbean-uri.html

[1] https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2094