I am a fan of AMQ. However, I am not sure that the performance of AMQ is
good enough yet for some production systems. So I tend to use AMQ during
development and a proprietary offering for production. This also helps
deal with the fear that some mgmt have over using open source software
(deep sigh).

Since you are in the real time domain I suggest you look at TibcoEMS. This
is used in high performance financial applications where sub-second
trading is crtitical. Since TibcoEMS is proprietary there will be license
fees. You get what you pay for. In the meantime, develop using AMQ by all
means, it is very good and performs quite well. $0.02.

Regards,

Andrew Marlow

Internet
petri.riipi...@insta.fi
27/10/2010 11:57
Please respond to
users@activemq.apache.org

users@activemq.apache.org
cc

Subject
Opinions about using AMQ in virtual distributed simulations

I'd like to ask your opinion whether ActiveMQ is a good fit for my needs.
(I'm quite newbie when it comes to JMS/ActiveMQ, just have been reading
about them for the past few days...).

So, I'm working on a distributed near-realtime simulator system where I
have
several simulator components managing and producing simulated entities to
distributed virtual simulated world and several applications that are used
to manage and monitor the entities in the simulated world.
[snip]

So, my gut feeling is that JMS/ActiveMQ could very likely be a good fit
for
my needs, but I'd like to hear opinions from more experienced folks. Are
there any obvious caveats that might cause grief?