We running the activemq broker version 5.3.0 and using the STOMP clients for
producers and consumers. We ran into this morning where the store usage had
been exceeded and producers were blocked on the sends. I noticed that we had
the following configured for systemUsage:

       <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="20 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="1 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="100 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>

I solved the problem simply by increasing the storeUsage and restarting. But
what I'm wondering is what constitutes the store and thus what file(s) are
being counted against this threshold. I noted that the root of the data
directory is close to 1 GB. Is it counting the whole directory? In this
directory I see the files db.data, db.redo, a lock file, and several db-N.log
files. What are the .log files? From: http://activemq.apache.org/kahadb.html it
sounds like they might be the 'message data logs'. Are  these the actual
persisted messages? Does the fact that I have some old .log files (from Augest)
mean I have some abandoned messages?