I use ActiveMQ-cpp to make a connection with an AcitveMQ server. The
CMSConnection is started with:

        // Create a ConnectionFactory
        auto_ptr<ConnectionFactory> connectionFactory(
            ConnectionFactory::createCMSConnectionFactory( brokerURI ) );

        // Create a Connection
        connection = connectionFactory->createConnection();
        connection->start();

This works fine if the ActiveMQ server is running, but when the user forgets
to start the ActiveMQ server before starting my application, the application
hangs in the function CMSConnection::start(). Is there a way to check if a
connection can be made with the ActiveMQ server before starting the
connection, or maybe a timeout on CMSConnection->start() is possible?

Joost