that is great progress, can you turn that into a junit test case?

In that way it will be obvious what the exact use case is, including
configuration and we can commit the test to protect any changes that
ensue.

There is an existing test case that may provide you with a good
template. If that does not make sense, there a lots of other related
tests, the names give hints as to what areas they validate.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/network/BrokerNetworkWithStuckMessagesTest.java?view=markup

If you can provide a failing test, we can quickly help get to the root
cause because we will be able to easily reproduce.