Hi,

I have configured ActiveMQ 5.5.0, Spring 3 and Tomcat 5.x to redeliver
persisted messages every 5 mins. Everything works fine, except the case when
I restart Tomcat and there are still messages which need to be consumed.

Please consider the following test scenario:
- 15 messages are sent to the queue; 5 are consumed & 10 remain in the queue
because of some exception (I have sessionTransacted=true). In the logs I can
see all the 10 remaining messages are subject for re-delivery every 5 mins.
… so good so far  (enqueueCount=15, dequeueCount=5)
- I restart tomcat, but in the logs only 3 (sometimes 4, sometime 1 … just
randomly from my understanding) JMS messages are redelivered on Tomcat
startup and then every 5 mins (after restart, only the 3 messages look to be
re-delivered). If none of the 3 JMS messages is successfully redelivered,
ActiveMQ doesn’t look up for other 7 messages that need to be redelivered
too (it still tries to redeliver the first messages which were “detected” on
startup). As soon as a message is successfully re-delivered, the other
messages are “available” again and the redelivery functionality seems to
start working normal again.

Question:
How can configure the number of messages which are redelivered on tomcat
restart (basically the unconsumed messages persisted in the ActiveMQ
persistence storage). Currently there are 1,2,3 .. 4 … messages redelivered
– randomly number.

Attached you can find my configuration file.
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3458757/spring-activemq.xml
spring-activemq.xml

Thanks,
Marius