Justin,

If you look further down the stack trace, you can see it's doing failover
disposal after some sort of wire format exception...or perhaps inactivity on
the wire (which is extremely unlikely in my app, which is in a constant mode
of producing messages).  I'm looking for ActiveMQ experts to let me know if
this is typical in 5.5.0 and onward, since I've never seen it occur in prior
versions.

Dan