Steve,

You can use a queue browse to do that. Basically, you send a message to the
queue with the information you need. Then the client will browse the queue
looking for the desired information. When you need to update that information
just consume the message and publish a new one.
You can also use message selectors in case you have many clients querying the
same queue.

Hope that helps,

-Marcelo