Hi,

first, you can use JMX on the broker to disconnect the connection of
the hanging consumer. But this is a very rude work-around, of course.

We had a similar issue connecting with Java-based consumers. We seem
to have found a work-around by disabling caching and tight encoding on
the OpenWire wire-format by using
"wireFormat.cacheEnabled=false&wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=false".
We haven't had no issue in production for almost 10 days now, whereas
we had one once every day before the settings change.

I don't know if NMS also supports those options, if yes, you might
want to give them a try.

Best regards,
Martin