I've created pretty simple producers/Consumers with AUTO_ACK mode.

Setting prefetch to 0 made the system work as I expected. Maximum 1 message
was stuck for some time unless connection was declared "dead". At that
moment the message was handled by another alive consumer.

Thanks for support, apparently prefetch size should be decreased to make
consumers "pull" for messages. Otherwise dead consumer will "eat" messages
until it would be declared "dead" (depends on timeout).