Actually, now I'm wondering if I've got the network of brokers toplogy
configured wrong too.

On mq01.b, I have 25 consumers subscribed to a single queue; looking in the
web console on mq01.b, I see the 25 consumers counted against that queue.
But looking in the web console on mq01.a, I see 50 consumers.

Also, I have 1 consumer on a single queue on mq01.a; but looking in the web
console on mq01.b, I see 2 consumers. The subscriptions are getting doubled.

I don't think this is anything to do with the problem of scheduled messages
piling up on a slave though, since the slave isn't an active member of the
network until the master fails.

Can anyone offer any thoughts on the master/slave problem?