Title: Signature
Hi Brian-

This list is fine, as it sounds like an ActiveMQ-related issue.  There are some known issues with AMQ 5.4.2 that could lead to that problem.  Also, client-side issues such as exhausting connection pools, or leaking connections could cause "stuck message" behavior.

I suggest doing some testing against new 5.5.x ActiveMQ releases.  Specifically, I suggest using the FuseSource builds, since they are more frequent than the Apache releases at this time.   They are free to use.

Are you using KahaDB as a back-end data store for AMQ?  Transactions?

Hope this helps,
Matt Pavlovich