Hi Matt
First, thank you.
Second , unfortunely it does not work.
I did both changes in the configuration you had suggested, but it does not
work.
In the first 2 attempts, I was really excited, because it had worked . But
when I did another attempt, it did not.
To give you a scenario : I 'm running 2 Java IDEs (IntelliJ ), one with the
producer ; other with consumer .
THe url configured on Producer and Consumer apps :
"failover:(tcp://sim1648:61616,tcp://sim1660:61616)?randomize=false";

For the brokers, I 'm using 2 machines , one as master, other as slave.
To do the test, I do : start master; start slave . Start consumer , start
producer .
I am able to see the messages sent by producer to consumer .
Then, I stop the master .

This is the message in the console of the Consumer app,  for the failure :
9193 [ActiveMQ Transport: tcp://sim1648/127.0.1.1:61616] WARN
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport - Transport
(sim1648/127.0.1.1:61616) failed to tcp://sim1648:61616 , attempting to
automatically reconnect due to: java.io.EOFException

Process finished with exit code 0
As you can see, the consumer just ends without any other message.

I really do not know and have no ideas. I guess that I'm not alone, as
another person started this thread.

thanks in advance