Hi Matt,

When you say that the message is not being dequeued, do you mean from the
queue on the broker?

The overall scheme itself seems to be pretty complicated; where are the
topic messages coming from?

If you are trying to ensure that messages for a particular id are consumed
in sequence then perhaps message groups
(http://activemq.apache.org/message-groups.html) might fit the bill better
and simplify your code.

Jakub