I am starting an active mq broker using my own config file:

./apache-activemq-5.6.0/bin/activemq console xbean:custom-broker.xml

The broker is using some classes I have defined which reside in a jar. For a
while now I was just sticking the jar in the activemq lib folder, and
everything worked fine. However I would now like for active mq to pick up
the jar from a different folder, something which the --extdir option claims
to be capable of doing. However I can't get it to work. I am executing the
command:

./apache-activemq-5.6.0/bin/activemq console xbean:custom-broker.xml
--extdir ../mylib/

where the jar in question is located in mylib, and am getting
ClassNotFoundException every time.

What am I missing?