I am using Windows 7 Pro with activeMq 5.6.0.   After I start up the broker
with activemq.bat, I was testing to shut it down, using activemq-admin stop
and activemq-admin stop --all

This does not seem to work.

On the console where I invoked activemq-admin stop (or with the --all)
option, i see connection refused.

But on the console window where I started the activemq broker, I still see
it running (as well as in the task manager).  I have to shut it down using
the task manager, and then manually remove the lock directory or file so
that I can restart it.

Seems rather sloppy.

What am I doing wrong?