Further investigation seems to show that if I extract Apollo into C:\Apollo
it works just fine. If I extract to D:\Apollo it does not.

If I extract and install from D:\Apollo and then (just to test) extract to
C:\Apollo before starting the Windows Service it will start just fine. Looks
like there's a dependency on C: somewhere. If I remove C:\Apollo and run
procmon it indicates that there is probing going on for C:\Apollo but then
it seems to look in D:\Apollo.

Anyway, that seems to be the root cause. We'll stick to C:\Apollo for the
binaries for now and stick our queues on another disk.

Cheers,
Dean