All,

I have a situation where I'd like to discard non-persistent messages if
necessary.  What I'd like to do is discard the oldest messages first for
slow consumers but only if needed.

So far I've;
  - turned off flow control
  - set the memory limit in my default policy entry
  - added a message limiting strategy

Questions;

Is setting the memory limit on the destinations a good idea if I'm using
some type of message eviction strategy?  I don't know the number of
producers or consumers so I'm not sure how to specify this limit correctly.

I'm using the ConstantPendingMessageLimitStrategy.  Does this strategy
immediatly start evicting messages based on the limit or is the memory
limit of the destiation first taken into account?  For example if I have
one very slow consumer but lots of memory available would it allow the
pending messages to grow beyond the limit I've specified.

My broker is embedded so we don't ship the jars necessary for
persistence so I don't want overflow to be spooled to temporary disk.
Should I be specifying the VM cursors?

Thanks,
Steve

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.