------Original Message------
From: rajdavies
To: users@activemq.apache.org
ReplyTo: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to detect end-of-dataset ?
Sent: Nov 6, 2012 10:22 AM

I see the problem - there is no way to determine the end of  dataset. The
assumption is that the request for stats and the handling of the messages
would be decoupled - so you could periodically query the stats - but then
process the results asynchronously. Like you say, if the list of
destinations is constantly changing, you don't know when the end of the
stats generated finishes. We may need to add an additional null message so
you can determine this - but it will need to be optional (default off). I'll
look at adding this in.

cheers,

Rob