Hi Christian,
*
>What client are you using to connect with JMS?*
Java JMS, .NET and Ruby based STOMP clients. I'm only involved with the
Ruby clients. I have no idea how a JMS client is coded.

Are all of these options reserved exclusively for non-STOMP clients?
http://activemq.apache.org/tcp-transport-reference.html

Are all of these options available for both clients and brokers?
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

Lastly, can these options be specified on a broker's non-STOMP transport
connector URI (I presume they're illegal on a STOMP transport connector)?

transport.ioBufferSize=16384
transport.maximumConnections=1000
transport.soTimeout=10000
transport.soWriteTimeout=10000
transport.socketBufferSize=131072
transport.threadName

During startup, it would be nice if ActiveMQ logged the options, parsed
from the transport connector's URI, that will be honored and warned about
those that will be ignored. I read somewhere that incorrect options are
'silently' ignored. Why silently? Log a warning for each ignored option!

Sorry for asking multiple questions in a single email: multiple answers are
much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul