It was an effort to increase the write throughput, but for kahadb the
bottleneck is the index so any gain/loss for different workloads was
over shadowed.
For the moment, stick with the defaults. The logging may help identify
the best value for journalMaxWriteBatchSize.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com