Hi I have a need to transport a large amount messages from .NET into java and
ActiveMQ seems to be a good good fit for this bridge.

However, I am running into some performance that I need to understand.

The flow of the transport, consisting of NMS client to push messages, 1K
each, into multiple queues concurrently ( varies from 1 to 500) via openwire
TCP as localhost

On the java side,  i have embedded activemq configured with the following
info:

  - no persistent
  - each queue memory is configurable
  - data get pulled out using one thread per queue as fast as it can
    ( why I not using message listener may not relevant in this scenarios).
  - messages can be either sent in block using transaction or no
transaction.

Here are the results of 300 queues, on my 4 CPU (1 socket)

  - the java side max out at 7K msg/sec
  - each queue memory usage are slow at jmx side, mean java are able to keep
up the incoming ingest
  - CPU from window task manager show %68 average this include both java and
.net process,
    but the .NET side double the java broker/consumber side

is it normal at the NMS client producer side?

Huge thanks for any suggestion/advice

Thanks

-Dan