Could you please help me understand what a connection id and client id is
used for in ActiveMQ? Why have two different ids? Are they used for
different purposes?

I think what Steve was asking here is that the connection id for jms client
has client host in it but connection id for stomp client has broker host in
it? Why this difference and inconsistency? Please help me understand since
this is really affecting my project to run broker on the cloud instead of a
fixed host.

=Sophia