Hi,

randomize=false and priorityBackup are not working with the masterslave
protocol - or is this by design ?

A client-broker has a masterslave setup towards hostA and hostB.

Would like to failover to hostB if ActiveMQ on hostA is not available, but if
hostA becomes available again, would like to switch back to hostA. After
starting the client-broker, I see that it's often connected to hostB -
apparently, the order I specified is not honoured, so randomize=false is not
working. When shutting down the destination-broker it is currently connected
to, there is a failover indeed, but after that broker comes back, there is no
priorityBackup, so no switch back to hostA.

  <networkConnector name="sbpamq102_sbpahdb" userName="system"
password="${activemq.password}"
uri="masterslave:(ssl://ipaddr_hostA:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&amp;

connectionTimeout=3000,ssl://ipaddr_hostB:61616?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&amp;

connectionTimeout=3000)?timeout=5000&amp;randomize=false&amp;priorityBackup=true&amp;maxReconnectAttempts=-1"
 duplex="false" networkTTL="10" prefetchSize="3000" staticBridge="true">
        <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
        </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
      </networkConnector>

And the listeners on hostA and hostB:

<transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="ssl://0.0.0.0:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=4800"
updateClusterClients="true"  updateClusterClientsOnRemove="true"/>

I checked https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4501, reason why
rebalanceClusterClients in not in the transportconnector-config.

Thanks,
Geurt