Take a closer look at the API for Broker Factory Bean:
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.9.0/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/xbean/BrokerFactoryBean.html

You can pass in the resource/config file to the constructor, then call
"getBroker()" ..something like this:

    protected BrokerService createBroker(Resource resource) throws Exception {
        BrokerFactoryBean factory = new BrokerFactoryBean(resource);
        factory.afterPropertiesSet();

        BrokerService broker = factory.getBroker();

        assert broker != null : "Could not create broker!";

        // Broker is already started by default when using the XML file
        // broker.start();

        return broker;
    }