Slight correction:

*All* software and docs from ASF *are* actually provided free of charge to the
public in source format (and sometimes binary) under the Apache License
version 2.0 [1].

Other 3rd parties including commercial organizations may provide additional
derivative work, including but not necessarily limited to software and
documentation. The ASF may refer to such external resources as a benefit to the
community, but in no way does it endorse any such work (commercial or not).
There are a few reasons for that, including the fact that the non-profit status
of the ASF legally prevents it from doing so.

I hope that clarifies it,
Hadrian

[1] http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html