On 05/13/2014 12:28 PM, Benjamin Jansen wrote:
Hello,

In ActiveMQ 5.x (I have tried 5.6.0 and 5.9.1), is it possible to use JMS
message selectors against in-flight messages that have been put on disk? Based
on my experimentation, it appears not, but I wanted to double-check, since I've
found conflicting information on the Web.

A comment on a blog post describing this behavior, claims that it has been
fixed: http://bit.ly/1sJpdw4

OTOH, this issue seems to indicate that it will never be fixed in AMQ:

Thanks for any insight.

- Ben Jansen

You can only use a selector against those messages that are paged in, so if you can tolerate greater memory usage you can increase the max page size for that destination in order to have more in memory messages.

http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.