All,

I am not sure if this is an ApacheMQ or a Camel question, but I'm experiencing the following issue in AMQ, so it's probably a good place to start.

There are several web servers I need to retrieve a single XML file from, every 30 seconds. I want to publish this XML data on a topic for distribution to other systems, and it's been suggested I use Camel to do this.

Under a <camelContext>, I have the following:

    <route>
      <description>Feed 1</description>
<from uri="timer://feed1timer?fixedRate=true&amp;delay=0&amp;period=30000"/>
      <to uri="http://www.example.com/feed1.xml"/>
      <to uri="activemq:topic:FEED1"/>
    </route>

When I start ActiveMQ, the broker begins to start, but then shuts down immediately after the following debug (not error, seemingly) message is output:

2014-05-10 00:35:48,101 | DEBUG | Found component: http in registry: null | org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultComponentResolver | main

If I remove the HTTP line from the route, the broker starts successfully and sends blank messages on to the topic - from this, it seems that it's just the HTTP component that's failing to load.

This is the first time I've started to use Camel for this kind of activity - can anyone help out with where I might be going wrong? This is on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine with a clean install of ActiveMQ 5.9.1 under Java 1.8.0_05.

Peter