Hi,
I'm trying to get activemq working on a Docker container. I've got the
basic install going and I'm now trying to configure multicast discovery so
that multiple containers can be connected together.
I've turned on the multicast discovery and the containers are trying to
connect.
However the two activemq instances cannot create a network bridge as the
multicast discovery protocol passes the hostname of the activemq instance
rather than the ip address. The other container cannot resolve the passed
hostname and the bridge fails.

I've seen a number of posts around this and the general response that I can
see is "sort out your DNS setting or edit the /etc/hosts file". This
doesn't really help in a dynamic environment such as a docker container.

I was wondering if there was a workaround for this i.e. turning off DNS
hostname resolution ?

thanks for your help
Noel