I am new to ActiveMQ.  I have gotten a simple example (from the ActiveMQ
python stomp example) to work without persistence.  A listener waits for
messages and displays the number of messages received, and a publisher sends
10000 messages.  I wanted to see persistence work.  If I understand the
concept of a message queue correctly, I should be able to start the ActiveMQ
server, and then run the publisher before running the listener.  After the
publisher finishes, I should be able to run the listener and the listener
should report receiving 10000 messages.  All I think I have to do is use
"persistent = 'true' " in my call to the send() method.  However, that
didn't happen.  The server console window shows this line:

 INFO | Using Persistence Adapter:
KahaDBPersistenceAdapter[C:\ActiveMQ\bin\..\data\kahadb]

That would seem to indicate that it should be ready for persistence.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks very much!

RobR