I ran the same topology with everything in the same server, both brokers,
producer and multi-threaded consumer. I can reproduce this EVERY SINGLE
TIME.

I tried with 5.9.1 and see exactly the same behavior. I tried with 5.6
(which is the version I run in production) where I know this basic topology
works and confirmed that it does in fact work. I use exactly the same
configuration on 5.10, 5.9.1 and 5.6 since it seems quite simple.

I think my topology is pretty basic for a Network of Brokers in a production
environment, I'm pretty surprised it doesn't work.

Am I missing something here? Is there a flag I missed in my configuration?
Is there a migration guide that I didn't see?

I can supply test cases for this, logs, heap dumps or thread dumps if it
helps getting this fixed.