Yes, the web console will show you those things.  But it won't show you the
things I mentioned, such as which consumers are subscribed to a topic, or
the list of not just which clients are currently connected but also some
(all?) of the clients that have previously connected, which is why I
suggested you use JConsole to view those things in JMX.  JMX shows you far
more information than the web console does, so if the web console isn't
telling you what you need to know, you need to move to the more
fully-featured tool.

Randomize=false will try the brokers in the order they exist in the list of
URIs.  So if the primary broker is up and stays up, then yes, any client
connecting to that failover URI should try primary first, connect
successfully, and not attempt to connect to secondary.  If you're seeing
connections to secondary when you look at it in JConsole, then 1) they're
using another URI, 2) they're failing to connect to primary (which doesn't
have to be because it's down; maybe there's a firewall in the way?), or
3) there's a bug in the failover protocol's handling of randomize=false.