Hello friends,

I am working on a Spring MVC application for which I would like to
integrate a chat functionality for 2 users to chat. With my research I
found out that ActiveMQ is  a good thing to use it for. Unfortunately all
the resources I found are related to broadcast chat, which is not my
target.

Question 1) Does anyone know any examples where ActiveMQ is used for
personalized chatting, with persistence will be awesome, but minimum I need
is for personalized chatting.

Q2) When the method onMessage() is overriden, I can call a function in
Controller/Service or somewhere else, but how do I update the chatbox,
which is in JSP(with HTML code inside)? I am presuming here, because of
ActiveMQ, the client does not need to keep sending request to check if
there is a new message, rather the server tells the client, how does that
work within a Spring-MVC project.

Q3) As I am using Apache Tomcat for deploying the application, I found out
that there is a version of ActiveMQ which has Apache Tomcat into it. I
presume it is Apache Tomcat EE, or similar. For this I couldn't find any
port number related documents. For ActiveMQ I don't want to open ports
using ActiveMQConnectionFactory, so does anyone know if it listens on
default tomcat provided ports instead of using line below :

ActiveMQConnectionFactory("tcp://localhost:61616");

Any help would be nice. Thank you very much.