What types of filtering can be performed in ActiveMQ and how do I go about
doing it?

If possible I'd like to be able to filter out messages coming into a
receiver until the message timestamp exceeds a specific time that is
calculated to be some specified number of milliseconds after the last time a
message of that type was received.  I took a look at the
org.apache.activemq.filter package and it looks like a ComparisonExpression
might do the trick.  Unfortunately, I don't know how or where to use this.
I haven't been able to find any helpful examples via web search.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks.