not really. the exception is the solution - telling you that the
transaction rolled back and it has no idea if it was a success or
failure.
This is the commit reply lost scenario. The client can't distinguish a
missing reply from a remote request that did not complete.

This is a situation where you may get a duplicate message delivery.
There is the option to persist the redeliveryFlag and make it a
reliable indication of replay. In that case, your app would do some
extra work to suppress duplicates if the redelivery flag is set. The
reliable redelivery flag ensures that you take the hit of duplicate
detection when necessary. However, the broker takes a hit by
persisting the message on first delivery attempt.
there is no free lunch :-)