Dear list members,

I am trying to understand the performance profile of ActiveMQ. Let's assume, we
have some 500 clients sending the same type of messages (status updates) to one
single central server - basically a windows service that interacts with a SQL
database on the same machine. Which of the following configurations would you
recommended (N= Number of clients)?

-          Give each client its own upload queue -> N queues. Listen with one
session. Create one consumer in this session (destination with wirdcards) that
processes all messages.

-          Give each client its own upload queue -> N queues. Listen with one
session. Create N consumers in that session (one for each queue)

-          Give each client its own upload queue -> N queues. Listen with N
sessions (one for each queue)

-          Use one single upload queue used by all clients. Listen with one/N
session(s) each having one/N consumers.

In other words: How does the number of queues affect the ability to parallelize
processing?

Maybe you can point me to the information that explains the relevant
relationships...

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Klaus