On 08/16/2015 09:05 PM, jeffrey wrote:
> Trying to reply to get my post accepted by the mailing list. I'm not sure why
> it hasn't been already.
>

> jeffrey wrote
>> I was wondering, is ActiveMQCPP a gerenic product that can be used with
>> any JMS compiant message broker or are there specific additions to
>> ActiveMQ to allow it to work?
ActiveMQ-CPP is a client that can speak the OpenWire protocol which is
used by ActiveMQ, if you want to switch to some other broker later on
then you'd need to use a client compatible with that broker.

>> If we decide to use ActiveMQ now and write an application with ActiveMQCPP
>> to also use the broker, will we be able to easily port that applicaton to
>> a different broker if we decide to change in the future?
Depends on how you write your application

>> Is there any value is wrapping the ActiveMQCPP API for our usage,
>> seperating it from the application so that any future changes to the API
>> or the broker can be implemented without change to the core of the
>> application?
Only you can determine the value in wrapping the client based on your
application needs and future plans.