Wee bit o' background: I've been a java guy for a long (long) time but due to
(family) circumstance took a role with a new company on the MS wagon.  Good
experience either way. :)

I'm having difficulties with a client re-connection with the default AMQ
connection values as stated at
http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-uri-configuration.html.

Scenario:
- AMQ server is up. Webapp fires up and everything is good (I can send a
test message)
- I take the AMQ server down.  Webapp (with info from the Apache.NMS.ITrace
adapter) says there's a problem.  Houston we have a problem (as expected).
- I bring the AMQ server back up.  A subsequent test message just hangs like
forever.  No good.

I tried a few different things with transport.sendTimeout and
transport.timeout but to no avail.  I'm using failover because that helped
when the asp.net app went to 'sleep' (IMO: totally odd, like MS's decision
to thread-switch in asp.net).

Example URI connection: failover:(tcp://<server
ip>:61616?transport.sendTimeout=10&amp;transport.useLogging=true)?transport.startupMaxReconnectAttempts=2

I'm probably missing something small but I'm stuck right now.  Any help is
much appreciated.

Client:
asp, .net v4.5
Apache.NMS v1.7.0.3635
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v 1.7.0.3660

Server (same situation is occurring on client-site with Windows Server
something-or-other):
Lubuntu
AMQ v5.10.0