Wanted to ask if it is advisable to configure an IOExceptionHandler, such as

     <bean id="ioExceptionHandler"
class="org.apache.activemq.util.DefaultIOExceptionHandler">
             <property

     </bean>

I could not find much information about this feature, besides
http://activemq.apache.org/configurable-ioexception-handling.html

Is this a tried and trusted approach to handle e.g. an out-of-disk-space
scenario?

We've recently had a full disk and experienced lost messages, which is
something we obviously try to avoid happening in the future.

- Martin