Oh well ... got it working now. I did not inject the TransactionManager into the XaPooledConnectionFactory.
That took a while to figure out.

Christian

On 30.10.2015 23:32, Christian Schneider wrote:
I tested with an external broker now and the message is consumed so it is not rolled back at all. As I am quite sure the XA transaction happens and is rolled back my assumption is that the ActiveMQXASession does not participate in the transaction. I thought the bean org.apache.activemq.jms.pool.ActiveMQResourceManager would do this but maybe it does not work.

Christian