That depends what you mean by "trace".  If you mean "get counts per
destination at a point in time, so you can subtract the values at two times
to find the number of messages in that time period", you can use the web
console or JMX to get that information.  If you mean something else, please
explain what you mean.

Keep in mind that advisory messages are only sent when clients connect and
disconnect (and when messages expire), so your expected message rates for
advisory messages is very low.  I don't think you're going to see the
performance problems that it seems you think you'll see.