There are ways you could somehow achieve that with Artemis as well...
but even with AMQ, it sounds like this is not fully a Datacenter
failover implementation with proper tests. That to me sounds a feature
request to either AMQ5 or Artemis.

The network connection will forward messages to the other site.. but
it seems it would be in load balance (not diverting them). You will
also need to ACK messages when they are acked into one site.