Your networkConnector URIs look fine.

Have you run the exact same test without a failover?  How is the behavior
different?

Are your topic subscriptions durable?

So you send messages M1 with the subscriber connected and it's received
(which is expected), M2 with the subscriber disconnected but before the
failover and it's dropped at S1 (which may or may not be expected depending
on whether your subscriber is durable), M3 is sent after the client
reconnects post-failover and it's received (which is expected), and M4 is
sent after M3 with no configuration changes and it gets stranded on S1
(which is unexpected).  Right?

What happens if you publish additional messages after M4?  Are they all
stuck on S1 as well?

What happens if you publish additional messages after M2 but before the
failover?  Does that change your observed behavior?

Don't worry about the producers when you're looking at JMX, they don't tell
you much that's useful in my experience.  It's far more useful to look at
the subscriptions.  For each message (M1-4), do you see enqueues and
dequeues on both subscriptions (C1/2 on S1, and Client on C1/2)?

Tim