That's true, one has to avoid these exceptions. Setting limits is fine, and
also allocating a separate partition for it.
The remaining issue is "allow nothing else to write to it" (experience tells me
Murphy will hit there).
I now configured a broker plugin that frequently checks free disk space and
stops broker connections when a given threshold is reached, starts them again
when enough free space is available.