I wonder if you need to use asyncSend=false (to force sync) on the
client, and then with the camel broker component you can route and
possible reject the incoming message. Which maybe can affect that the
client get a NACK ?

http://activemq.apache.org/broker-camel-component.html
http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html