Wildcards aren’t quite that flexible - the docs say “don’t specify any string
after ‘>’ on your wildcard express, it will be ignored”
http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html
<http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html>

For what it’s worth - I got around this issue with DLQs by changing the naming
pattern - I put DLQ at the front, rather than the end.