Using the local broker as a facade for the remote broker will work, as long
as it's OK for the messages from the remote broker to be stored on the
local broker.  (OK both from the standpoints of "allowable" and from the
standpoint of having enough disk space, performance, etc.)  If that isn't
OK, then you need to use two entirely unconnected brokers.

Tim