A consumer will be registered for each end of the network connector (that's
how the messages are received by the brokers).

If staticallyIncludedDestinations are used then messages will always be
send to the remote brokers even if there are no registered consumers.  If
you use dynamicalyIncludedDestinations then the messages will only be sent
if a consumer exists on the remote broker.  Take a look at the the config
options here for more info:
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html